Upgrading Your WordTips Subscription
Most people don't continue using the same version of Microsoft Word forever. Things change, and over time you may upgrade to a newer version of the software.
As you do upgrade, consider upgrading the version of WordTips you receive, as well. There are two versions of WordTips published every week:
- WordTips (menu). This version is for people using Word 97, Word 2000, Word 2002, and Word 2003. It is referred to as the "menu" version because these versions of Word use what is known as a menu-based user interface.
- WordTips (ribbon). This version is for people using newer versions of Word: Word 2007, Word 2010, Word 2013, and Word 2016. It is referred to as the "ribbon" version because these versions of Word use an updated ribbon-based user interface.
These two publications are independent of each other, and you can subscribe to either (or both) of them. if you currently receive WordTips (menu) and you want to change to receiving WordTips (ribbon), follow these steps. (Hint: You might want to print out this page so you can easily follow along.)
- Enter the e-mail address, below, at which you want to receive WordTips (ribbon). When you click the Submit button, a webpage opens in a new browser window. That webpage lets you know that you've completed the first step and you have another one to go. After reading it, you can return to this page (which should still be open in one of your browser windows).
- Look in your e-mail for a confirmation message. The purpose of the e-mail is to make sure you really want to receive WordTips (ribbon). Since you do, make sure you click the link in the e-mail. If you don't, you won't really be subscribed. (If you don't get the confirmation e-mail within a few moments of clicking Submit in the previous step, then you should check your spam filter to see if it ate the message.)
- After clicking the link in the confirmation e-mail, you'll see a webpage letting you know you're successfully subscribed. You'll also get an e-mail to this effect. Congratulations, but you aren't finished yet.
- Go back to your e-mail program and find a recent issue of the WordTips (menu) newsletter. Issues are sent out very early every Saturday morning, which should help you locate an issue.
- Scroll to the bottom of the newsletter and click the unsubscribe or change subscriber options link. You'll see a webpage that shows the newsletters to which you are subscribed.
- Click the Unsubscribed radio button for WordTips (menu) weekly newsletter. Make sure it is the menu version, not the ribbon version that you just subscribed to.
- Click the Save My Subscriber Settings button on the webpage.
That's it. You should stop receiving WordTips (menu) and start (on next Saturday) to receive WordTips (ribbon).